New Release: The DareLeave a comment
October 1, 2020 by Bret Kramer (aka WinstonP)
The stars have come right, at last!
We are proud to announce the release of our one-shot scenario The Dare! Originally published in 1990, this scenario of Halloween horrors has been updated the revised for the Call of Cthulhu’s 7th Edition. Despite many delays and setbacks (as the comments section of the project’s Kickstarter page can attest) the long wait is finally over.
In the scenario the players take the role of a group of preteens dared to spend the night in a haunted house. What awaits them is far worse than any prank, or bully, or even imagined ghost. It is danger. It is terror. It is death. It is centuries-old malice with a thirst for the blood of innocents. It is Hell. Will you survive?
Designed for a single night of play, this scenario is idea for those new to the hobby, either as players or as game master, offering a streamlined version of the Call of Cthulhu rules as well as expansive tips and aids for the Keeper in order or maximize their experience.
This product includes:
- A full-length scenario, inspired by 80s horror movies wherein pre-teens do battle with an undying monster and its house of horrors.
- Extensive advice for Keepers on how to bring the horrors of the Barnaker house to life.
- Detailed floor plans of the Barnaker house.
- ‘The Call of Kid-thulhu’ rules, a streamlined version of the traditional Call of Cthulhu rules and ideal for introducing new players to the game.
- “Grab the Machete!” — a suggested viewing list of 80s horror films (written by Brian Sammons), perfect for inspiring Keepers and players alike.
- A set of 10 pre-generated kid-investigators, complete with more than 20 portraits, allowing players to customize their characters, complete with super-1980s style character sheets.
The Dare – By Kevin Ross and Bret Kramer. Layout by Badger MacInnis. Illustrated by Ian MacLean and Katie von Csefalvay. Handouts and Character Sheets by Dean Engelhardt. Maps by Richard LeDuc and Clint Cronk. 70 Pages. $14.99 PDF. Print version coming soon.