Arkham Gazette 4 – Kingsport: Dreams – now availableLeave a comment
December 17, 2021 by Bret Kramer (aka WinstonP)
Many years in the making – and just in time for Festival – issue 4 of the Arkham Gazette is now available on DriveThruRPG.
Welcome to Kingsport! Our long-promised fourth full issue, which we have dubbed “Kingsport: Dreams” has arrived at last. Within these pages we explore some of the mysteries of this fog-draped sleepy village of legend. From the wave-lapped rocks of Pilot Island, to the barnacle-crusted pilings of the dockside, through the crooked lanes and alleys, and spiraling up to the summit of Kingsport Head, Kingsport beckons you.
This issue includes the following thirteen articles:
- Locations in Greater Kingsport:New places to explore in Kingsport, drawn from earlier scenarios and the minds of our writers.
- Hooper’s Pond and the Old Brick Powderhouse: Two strange spots west of Kingsport, where odd things have been seen.
- The Hall School: Only girls from the finest families in the Miskatonic Valley attend this boarding school, like noted alumna Miss Asenath Waite…
- Neil’s Curiosity Shop and Other Oddities: The collection (and collector) of Kingsport’s strangest tourist attraction is examined.
- Kingsport Curios: Seven strange artifacts one might find in Kingsport, from a ship in a bottle to a collection of prothetic hands.
- 13 Kingsport Ghosts: An extended prop document, exploring the many ghost stories of Kingsport, with more scenario hooks than you can shake a harpoon at.
- Alton Blackington: A historical journalist, photographer, and storyteller, presented as an NPC for your game.
- Franklin Waite Price: A fictional folk-artist whose favorite subject is Kingsport’s past, descibed as an NPC.
- De Vermiis Mysteris: A deep-dive into Robert Bloch’s most famed Cthulhu Mythos creation, the nightmarish tome written by the wizard Ludwig Prinn.
- Visions from Yaddith: An unearthly book of poems, as created by Lin Carter, that laments the doom of an alien world.
- Dr. Goddard’s Rocket Test: Modern science is coming to Kingsport; this scene allows your investigators to play a role in the famed researcher’s latest attempts in rocketry.
- Bones of Contention: A scenario of secrets long buried, from the mind of the author of Kingsport: the City in the Mists, himself Kevin Ross.
- A Kingsport Bibliography: For Keepers who want to explore the stories behind the setting; an annotated list of every Cthulhu Mythos story that includes Kingsport and what details (if any) it provides about the town.
120 pages in PDF for $14.99. Print on Demand will soon follow.